For our latest insights follow us on Twitter
For social events and latest news like us on Facebook
Connect with us on Linkedin
For opinions and news visit our Blog
Asylum and Human Rights
Making a claim for asylum or preventing your removal from the UK on human rights grounds can seem both daunting and stressful particularly as certain elements of the media, public perception and the Government seem to be against you.
"We will fight your corner at every stage of the legal process"
You only get one chance to present the best possible case to the UK Border Agency and it is therefore important that the legal team that you retain in helping your application are specialists in this area of law. At Paragon Law we will make an initial assessment of your case and advise you immediately as to whether you have a good case to present to the UK Border Agency. We believe that it is only fair that you know your legal position as soon as possible so that your time is not wasted and the stress and uncertainty that you are facing are not necessarily prolonged. However, if we do take on your case then we will fight your corner at every stage of the legal process.
The secret of our legal team’s success in asylum and human rights cases is that we would rather take on a few cases and do them well as opposed to being a firm that takes on large volumes of cases but then not having the time or dedication to do such a volume well. If we take on your case we will bring together other experts such as country experts, medical experts and the best barristers to ensure that every angle of your asylum or human rights claim is covered so to increase the prospects of success in your case.
Our clients instruct us on and we are specialists in the following types of human rights and asylum cases:
- Claiming asylum and human rights protection in the UK;
- Asylum claim for unaccompanied asylum seeking children;
- Extension of leave applications for unaccompanied asylum seeking children;
- Extension of leave applications or those granted limited leave to remain on human rights grounds, for example, on the basis of their private or family life in the UK;
- Indefinite Leave to Remain applications for those granted refugee status or humanitarian protection;
- Advising on further submissions for those who have exhausted their appeal rights;
- Fresh asylum and human rights applications for people with new evidence;
- Family reunion applications;
- Conducting appeals at all stages including the Immigration & Asylum Chamber First-Tier Tribunal and Upper Tribunal, the Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court;
- Pursuing Judicial Review applications to the High Court;
- Resisting removal and obtaining emergency injunctions;
- Applications based on published UK Border Agency policies.
Paragon Law are referred cases from organisations such as social services, charities and other law firms to protect the interest of their clients. If you represent such an organisation we will be happy to discuss our services with you. To find out more please click here.
Our legal team have taken cases in asylum and human rights law to the High Court, Court of Appeal and Supreme Court. Members of our team are frequently asked to contribute to consultations on law and policy governing asylum law and will regularly train other lawyers and advisors on this subject.
If you are interested in joining our Asylum and Human Rights team please click here to see our current vacancies.
To see how we can help you please click here.
If you are interested in our training courses please click here.