For our latest insights follow us on Twitter
For social events and latest news like us on Facebook
Connect with us on Linkedin
For opinions and news visit our Blog
Paragon Law Complaints Policy
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint, contact us with the details. We have eight weeks to consider your complaint. If we have not resolved it within this time you may complain to the Legal Ombudsman.
What will happen next?
- Our Operations Director, Marcus Worthington, will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and asking you to confirm or explain the details set out. You can expect to receive our letter within three days of receiving your complaint. At the same time we will record your complaint in our central register.
- We will pass your complaint to Thalej Vasishta, our Client Care Director, within two days so that he is aware of your comments. He will then decide to either oversee the investigation and response from the Operations Director or deal with the matter himself.
- We will then start to investigate your complaint. This will normally involve the following steps:-
- The Operations Director will ask the member of staff who acted for you to reply to him on the issues raised in your complaint. This will be done within 5 days.
- He will then examine their response, review the information on file and if necessary speak to them. This will be done within 3 days of receiving their reply and the file.
- A full written response to your complaint will be sent out to you within a further 5 days, after first having been seen by the Client Care Director for approval, outlining the action to be taken to address the issues raised, proposing appropriate remedies, and inviting you to discuss the matter further if you feel this will help to resolve the complaint.
- If a meeting is requested, within 2 days of the meeting this will be followed-up with a letter confirming any outstanding agreed action.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied you should contact us again. We will then arrange to review our decision. This will happen in one of the following ways:-
- Another director of the firm will review the original decision within 14 days.
- We will ask our local Law Society or another local firm of solicitors to review your complaint within 14 days. We will let you know how long this process will take.
- We will let you know the result of the review within 5 days of the end of the review. At this time we will write to you confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- If you are still not satisfied, you can contact the
PO Box 15870
about your complaint. Normally, you will need to bring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman (www.legalombudsman.org.uk) within six months of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint or within a year of the act or omission about which you are complaining occurring (or you becoming aware of it). For further information, you should contact the Legal Ombudsman on 0300 555 0333 or at email@example.com.